Join our team
Position Title: Gallery Liaison
Years of Experience: 1+ years
Reports to: Fair Manager
Location: Tokyo (Hybrid)
- Support Fair Director in all gallery communications, particularly within the application cycle and in the lead up to the Fair, including targeting, tracking, arranging meetings, follow up calls and email communications.
- Support and guide galleries with the application process, and process gallery applications.
- Organise Selection Committee meetings.
- Manage all gallery-related content: artwork highlights, all images, booth programs, artist CVs, all other materials, and ensure everything is kept updated in the lead up to the Fair.
- Data entry and maintenance of gallery records on database, generate statistics and sales reports.
- Produce, co-ordinate and proof-read content for communications with galleries, including emails, EDMs newsletters, and printed material.
- Support galleries with administrative and logistical planning of their booth design together with booth contractor and Fair Manager.
- Support the Fair Director and Fair Manager with exhibitors’ communications.
- Work with Fair Manager on online exhibitor portal proofing, booth plans proofing and distribution, collection of materials/forms before deadlines.
- Work with Fair Manager to supervise booth build on-site at the fair, snag of booths, and galleries on-site point of contact.
- Support Accounting with invoices distribution, and credit control.
- Work with multiple departments VIP Relations, Marketing, Operations, Accounting.
- On-site support as exhibitor liaison for The Art Assembly fairs.
- Manage project-oriented and administrative tasks in time and on budget.
- Platform Sector (large scale installations):
- Process Platform proposal submissions.
- Support Fair Manager on artwork confirmation process, and communication with galleries.
- Work with Fair Manager on sector logistics, install/de-install, and signage.
- Cultural Partners: Support each Cultural Partner with administrative and logistical planning of their booth design together with booth contractor and Operations Manager.
Office Management & Administration
- General office management tasks.
- Administrative coordination and support for the team internationally.
- Assist with the production of the post show report.
- Weekly reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a similar or related field.
- At least 1 year of fair, gallery, or equivalent art and/or event experience.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills as well as attention to detail are essential.
- Ability to work well under pressure and long hours during the fair.
- Highly computer literate, proficiency in Google (Google Drive, Docs, Spreadsheet, Slide) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required, knowledge of CRM systems desirable.
- Excellent communication and proof-reading skills.
- Ability to handle communication with galleries in a highly service-oriented and professional way.
- Experience in using Photoshop, MailChimp, WordPress, preferred but not essential.
- Eligible to work in Tokyo is mandatory.
- In this role you will be reporting to the Fair Manager.
Employment Status: Full-Time Employee
Remuneration: Starts at 250,000 JPY per month
Trial Period: 3 months
Office Hours: 9:00 – 17:00
Office Location: 5 minutes walk from Ebisu Station
Holidays: Weekends, national holidays, end-of year
Paid Time Off: 10 days annually
Social insurance and commuter benefits
- Hybrid work allowed (to be discussed with manager)
- While the workload varies throughout the year, the off-season, mid-July to January, is calm and there is no overtime
- No enforced dress code (please be professionally presentable)